System V.4

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Tue Oct 23 12:20:53 AEST 1990

>Hmm, I didn't know they were offering online manuals.  I'd heard people mention
>on here that none of the vendors offer the online manuals.  I'm glad at least
>a few have come to their senses.  ESIX seems to be strongly against it.

I wonder what their reasoning is for being "strongly against" online manuals?
Cost maybe?  It sure would be nice to be able to do a "man -k" when I
need some obscure command, rather than wasting time poring through the
hard-copy manuals -- but then, the price is right for Esix... (or at least
better than the others...)

--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp
	bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com
	Public Access Unix  - Esix SYSVR3 - (508) 655-3848