System V.4

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Oct 29 13:31:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct23.022053.1299 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
| >Hmm, I didn't know they were offering online manuals.  I'd heard people mention
| >on here that none of the vendors offer the online manuals.  I'm glad at least
| >a few have come to their senses.  ESIX seems to be strongly against it.
|
| I wonder what their reasoning is for being "strongly against" online manuals?

  SCO has been offering online manuals for some years, contrary to the
original posting. They came to their senses early. I regard this as
absolutely essential for reasonable systems use, since I tend to use
every system from multiple locations, and can't have manuals in every location.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX