How do I disable flow control for an rlogin session?

Jim Beveridge jim at newmedia.UUCP
Fri Apr 12 09:18:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr08.062002.20072 at rfengr.com>, rfarris at rfengr.com (Rick Farris) writes:
> One think I haven't learned, though, is how to turn off
> flow-control for an rlogin session.  In particular, I'd like
> to be able to use ^S and ^Q in emacs, as God intended.
>
> I've tried various combinations of "stty -ixon" on each end
> of the connection, to no avail.

I reported this as a bug to SCO way back in the Open Desktop
beta release.  SCO gave the typical "mollify the customer"
answer about it not being possible for one reason or another.
We did not find a workaround.

On a related note:  --> Flame on <--

I just received ODT 1.1.  I am strongly tempted to return it.
Many of the bugs that were problems back in the beta release
are STILL BUGS (at least now they are documented).  I now have job
control that won't work because most of the software doesn't
support it.  I still can't properly support the rest of my
BSD systems because I don't have YP (excuse me, NIS).   I still
can't use 256 colors in X.  It works just fine in Microsoft
Windows 3.0.  Another of the problems I reported back in the
beta release, that of the DOS/X-Sight/Mouse interaction,
was noted fixed in the photocopied readme document, it wasn't even
in early enough to make the release note booklet.  My bug
report was 1 1/2 years ago.  If they put half as much time
and effort into development as they do into full page ads in
magazines they might create a pretty decent product.

I am really tired of waiting for SCO to fix bugs.  This is one
site that won't be purchasing any more SCO products.

--> set coolant on <--

	Jim