How do I disable flow control for an rlogin session?

Petri Wessman orava at robocop.hut.fi
Fri Apr 12 05:41:33 AEST 1991

On 8 Apr 91 06:20:02 GMT, rfarris at rfengr.com (Rick Farris) said:

Rick> Having just installed tcp/ip between my SCO Unix 3.2v2.0
Rick> system and my SCO Open Desktop 1.1 system, I'm learning a
Rick> lot about network operation.

Rick> One think I haven't learned, though, is how to turn off
Rick> flow-control for an rlogin session.  In particular, I'd like
Rick> to be able to use ^S and ^Q in emacs, as God intended.

If someone has a solution, please tell me too. SCO TC/IP is *broken*
in a big way, emacs (and other packages) are a pain to use when SCO
braindeadism refuses to deal with flow control in the proper way (i.e.
ignore it when the other endpoint goes into raw mode). To add insult
to injury, the local SCO dealer thinks it's a feature and not a bug!
Grrrr....

P.S. Maybe I'm getting all wound up over nothing, and there is a
simple way to get it to Do The Right Thing, but have R all the FM I
could find haven't found a solution yet.

//Petri