Networking DOS to Unix (Know about commercial products...)

Nathan D. Lane nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Mon Apr 29 17:30:51 AEST 1991

I would like to know if anyone knows anything about making a Unix machine
a file server for a DOS-based network.  I'm trying to hide Unix boxes
as network file servers until the world realizes how great Unix is :)!
I know about PC-Interface and PC-NFS, but the licensing fees are very, very
stiff - why would anyone want Unix at $300.00 a pop if they could have
Novell for less?  Any PD products on the net?  They just need to provide
Unix file and print services to PCs via a PC-style F: mapped drive to
a Unix file-system (Telnet on TCP/IP won't do, these people want to see
DOS, dir, copy, word, etc....)

Thanks in advance.  (Please e-mail leads and I will submit a summary.)

-Nathan Lane
Digital Technology Service, Santa Barbara, CA