Help Please with Telebit and SCO RTS/CTS Setup.

Greg Andrews gandrews at netcom.COM
Sat Apr 6 08:18:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr04.000414.5144 at cmllab.rgb.sub.org> macleod at cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) writes:

>I just had the same problem. It's just as the guy at Telebit said:
>using the hardware handshake only in half duplex mode is ok for 99%
>of all the data transmission.

Technically, it's not half-duplex RTS/CTS flow control.  Half duplex
RTS/CTS flow control uses a very different interaction between the RTS
and CTS signals.

It's actually full duplex RTS/CTS flow control that is only being
used in one direction.

--
|  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |