POSIX and ISC 2.2.x -- and gcc?

Marc Rossner marc at jahangir.UUCP
Thu Apr 25 01:29:04 AEST 1991

In article <7209 at segue.segue.com>, jim at segue.segue.com (Jim Balter) writes:
> In article <7193 at segue.segue.com> I write:
> >This doesn't turn on the kernel POSIX support.  cc -Xp or OSTYPE=POSIX cc
> >or cc /lib/lcrtp.o or doing the system call that the latter does will.
>
> My editor or my fingers hiccuped.  That should have been /lib/pcrt1.o

Maybe my question belongs better on a gnu newsgroup, but how can I get my
gcc (1.39) to get ld to link /lib/pcrt1.o in a similar fashion to cc -Xp?
Sounds easy to change the gcc source code myself, but is there anything
already present that I'm missing?

In light of those articles about POSIX on ISC causing kernel panics I'm
probably going to stay away from this in my real applications, but I was
just curious to see some of the POSIX stuff (like "sigaction") actually work.

Marc Rossner
jahangir!marc at uunet.uu.net