EtherCard Plus vs. Digiboard PC/16i??

Todd Ogasawara todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Wed Apr 24 10:57:44 AEST 1991

Has anyone solved the problem of trying to get a Western Digital EtherCard
Plus (WD8003E) to work in a computer that also has a Digiboard PC/16i card
(a 16 port serial board)?

I just found out that the EtherCard Plus is somehow colliding with my
Digiboard. If anyone has figured this one out, please let me know. Here are
the particulars.

	Interactive UNIX 2.2 (UNIX System V/386 R3)
	Interactive UNIX TCP/IP 1.2
	Everex Step 386/33 w/8M RAM, 80387, 600M Maxtor ESDI hard disk
	150M Wangtek tape drive and controller
	Everex VGA card (I stuck it in an 8-bit slot to prevent
			 collisions with the Ethernet card)
	Digiboard PC/16i (no IRQ set as per instructions,
			  I/O port=120, Memory start=F00000)
	EtherCard Plus WD8003E(IRQ=4[I disabled COM1: to use this IRQ],
			       I/O port=280, memory blk=E0000-E1FFF)

The only way I can get two WD8003E cards to talk to each other is to pull
out the Digiboard from my Everex. My distributer (Viatek) is looking into
this problem. But I thought I'd check the net in case they can't figure a
way out of this problem.
--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Telephone      ::: (808) 536-9162 ext. 7