EtherCard Plus vs. Digiboard PC/16i??

Todd Ogasawara todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Sat Apr 27 06:01:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.005744.285 at pinhead.pegasus.com> todd at pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
>Has anyone solved the problem of trying to get a Western Digital EtherCard
>Plus (WD8003E) to work in a computer that also has a Digiboard PC/16i card
>(a 16 port serial board)?
>
>I just found out that the EtherCard Plus is somehow colliding with my
>Digiboard. If anyone has figured this one out, please let me know. Here are
>the particulars.

After a lot of experimenting I finally got my WD8003 EtherPlus Card to work
with my Digiboard PC/16i board. It turned out that the WD8003 only worked
reliably (i.e., no panics) when its address was set to D0000-D1ffff. So, I
set it back to D0000 like everyone suggested. The big trick to get
everything to work was a jumper on the Digiboard. DigiBoard and my vendor
advised me to change jumper J3 from pins 2&3 to pins 1&2. This changed the
size of the dual ported memory on the board from 128K to 64K. I was able to
leave the memory address alone.

In any case, with these changes have finally allowed me to connect a bunch
of people on a Token Ring based Novell LAN to an Ethernet equipped UNIX box
using TCP/IP.
--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Telephone      ::: (808) 536-9162 ext. 7