X.25 software for i386 - SUMMARY

Peter Ziobrzynski peter at modtor.uucp
Fri Apr 19 14:21:26 AEST 1991

Here is the summary of responses to my original posting "X.25 software
for i386 needed".  As you will see from the attached condensed collection
of most responses there are two products that impressed Usenet community.
I contacted both companies and got some extra info.

The first is The Netcom II from The Software Group in Toronto (416)856-0238.
The implementation is based on the pseudo terminals and is bundled
with hardware.  They have two different types of packages. One, called
Netcom II/R15 (cdn$2640) with the intelligent modem providing two
independent lines. The other NetComm II/E (cdn$1600) with less
intelligent hardware providing only one line.

The second offered by the netCS Informationstechnik GmbH, +1 49 30 7879990
is called netX.25 and netIP/X.25.  NetCS is very responsive and they
faxed me 12 page description of their product.
The netX.25 supports basic in/out going operation (X.28,X.29), uucp dialer,
mail utility and remote execution program.  The most impressive netIP/X.25
is the implementation of the internet protocols (TCP/UDP/IP) over X.25
that enables telnet, ftp and friends.  Both products come with programmatic
interface (libraries) and documentation.  The supported hardware includes:
Eicon Networy, EiconCard PC, BOIX.25, ISAX.25. Cost: netX.25 - us$1900,
and netIP/X.25 - us$730.

--
Peter Ziobrzynski, peter@{modtor,nixtdc,snitor}
Toronto, Ont.  +1 (416) {H:625-1684, W:496-8510, Fax:496-8524}