Can my UNIX run X386?

Shaun T. Erickson ste at cbnewsm.cb.att.com
Fri Apr 19 10:03:05 AEST 1991

I am running stock AT&T UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2 Version 2.1 and would
very much like to run Mr. Roell's X386 on my machine.

Please bear with me - I'm a novice when it comes to X and networking ...

I am under the impression that X386 requires that TCP/IP be present in order
to run. Is this true? If it is, then I'm in trouble, as this version of UNIX
doesn't have TCP/IP. If it is required, is there a public domain version of
it that I could use?

Also, if I want to run clients over the phone from the mainframe at work,
I'll need SLIP, correct? Is there a public domain version of that, as well?

Is there anything else that I need in order to run X386 (besides more disk
space :) ?

Are any of my assumptions above correct at all? If not, corrections will be
most welcome, along with any insights as to what I need to do to get X386 up
and running on this machine. Thanks in advance!