Open Desktop and OS/2 on same machine

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sun Apr 21 10:43:31 AEST 1991

As I recall, it is possible to dual-boot SCO and OS/2 on the same disk.

After formatting the hard disk, install OS/2 first.  DOS-OS/2 dual
boot is OK, but choose the one you want to run most.  I did not use
HPFS.

Then install SCO Xenix, Unix, or ODT on the rest of the disk.
You can boot OS/2 by typing "dos" to the hard boot prompt.

You can use DOS FDISK (booted from a floppy) to change the active
partition (the one that comes up when you hit reset).

If you wish to change from OS/2 to DOS boot, the DOS/OS/2 parition
must be the active partition.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF
--
"Many such [diet] programs proffer treatment as though it were established as
effective and safe.   Nothing in the results published by research programs