Simultaneous DMA

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Fri Apr 12 14:12:13 AEST 1991

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>	1. can my motherboard do simultaneous DMAs
>	2. can my motherboard do bus mastering DMA (the scsi card)

>The Fastback backup software for dos, as part of it's installation, tests
>the abilities of the DMA controller with respect to question 1.  I don't
>know of any tests for question 2 other than install and see how it
>works. (Be sure to have a backup before you start).

The adaptec AHA154[02][ab] card has a bus mastering test built into it, so one
can test the motherboard for bus mastering DMA *before* actually running
an application that requires it (and potentially circumventing the misery
involved in finding out after "some time" of running Unix).
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need