"Can't find database" error on SCO UNIX

Ken Lerman lerman at stpstn.UUCP
Thu Apr 4 08:30:53 AEST 1991

In article <25437 at hydra.gatech.EDU> gt2186a at prism.gatech.EDU (COBIA,FRANK NAYLOR) writes:

[...some details deleted...]

>    When I called Tech Help, they said they had never used the BBS and
>therefore they could help me. They also refused to talk to me about the
>problem with being payed $100, even though we had reported the problem
>during the 30-day free period. I do not think that we should have to pay
>$100 to get a bug fix for a product that we payed more than $1000 for.

[...]

In general, in situations of this type, try talking to the sales
department.  I was recently upgraded to the 3.2.2 development system
for free.  I had reported a bug which was fixed in that system and
complained that I shouldn't have to pay for an upgrade just to have a
bug in the original fixed.  I was sent the disks for 3.2.2, but not
the manuals.  (That way, their cost was relatively small.)

Ken