Need help with Unisys 6000 hangup time

Kevin Thomas kjt at minnow.sp.unisys.com
Sat Apr 13 07:54:27 AEST 1991

win at wrkof.incom.de (Winfried Koenig) writes:

>I use some SCP (Serial Communications Processor) port for my modem.
>Stty parameters are:

>speed 19200 hupcl -clocal ... v24 -v24sw v24fdx ctscd

>When carrier is lost, the modem turns off DSR and DCD for up to 12.5 sec.
>This time is not enough to generate the SIGHUP signal. The SCP needs
>more than 16 sec to generate SIGHUP.

>What is the reason for this long delay?

>How can I reduce this delay to less then 10 sec?

For release 3.00.12 of the operating system:

There is an explanation of the V.24 support for the SCP in the U 6000
Release Description (Manual UP-14653 R1 A).  It's on page 13.

In summary, it says:

In leased line mode, DSR, CTS, or CD can be lowered for up to 20 seconds
without loss of the connection.  Data transmission is suspended when any
of these signals is lowered.  On disconnect, SIGHUP is sent to the port's
process group.

I interpret this to mean that there is no way to modify the timeout value.
Sorry I could only clarify, not help.

p.s. Mail didn't seem to get through. :-(
---
Kevin Thomas             kjt at minnow.sp.unisys.com
Unisys Corporation       ...!pyramid!pwcs!minnow!kjt

Kevin Thomas             kjt at minnow.sp.unisys.com
Unisys Corporation       ...!pyramid!pwcs!minnow!kjt