Problems with running VPIX from within an xterm

Paul Moore moore at forty2.enet.dec.com
Mon Apr 8 22:07:21 AEST 1991

I've recently installed VPIX on myt ISC-based system, and two problems occur
when I start vpix from within an xterm:

1. The Interface Menu is not available from within vpix. It appears that
   vpix does not recognise the Alt SysReq m key sequence.

2. When I configure the file vpix.cnf to use COM1 as the MOUSECOM1 port
   for use with my serial mouse, I get the error message:
     "Error attempting to open serial device"
   I assume it's because the COM1 port (or /dev/tty00) is already owned by
   the xterm window from which I invoke vpix.

Neither of these problems occur when I invoke vpix from a normal terminal
(i.e. outside X windows).

Can anyone please help?

- Paul