ISC2.2 and uugetty-does it work?

Doug Mr-Science Stein dstein at cup.portal.com
Sat Apr 13 02:17:46 AEST 1991

I would like to set up a bidirectional serial port to allow a modem to work
as either a dial-in or dial-out line.  As I recall, early versions of ISC's
uugetty program (pre-version 2.2) were broken and never worked properly.

Rather than spending a great deal of time only to potentially discover the
same thing, can anyone tell me if they have:
	a) successfully set up a bidirectional modem under ISC 2.2?
	b) been able to set it up without performing major backflips?

For my level of expertise, a major backflip is almost anything that is not
directly documented in a complete, step-by-step list.  In other words, if it
is necessary to make a minor change to /etc/gettydefs that is not obvious, I
would appreciate details (or at least let me know that "file X needs to be
changed" and I will know to pore over the info for that file more carefully).
Thanks in advance.