ISC2.2 and uugetty-does it work?

kent karrer kentkar at polari.UUCP
Sat Apr 13 14:02:16 AEST 1991

In article <41212 at cup.portal.com> dstein at cup.portal.com (Doug Mr-Science Stein) writes:
+I would like to set up a bidirectional serial port to allow a modem to work
+as either a dial-in or dial-out line.  As I recall, early versions of ISC's
+uugetty program (pre-version 2.2) were broken and never worked properly.
+
+Rather than spending a great deal of time only to potentially discover the
+same thing, can anyone tell me if they have:
+	a) successfully set up a bidirectional modem under ISC 2.2?
+	b) been able to set it up without performing major backflips?
+

I am running ISC 2.2.1 and I use uugetty successfully to bidirectionally
transfer email and news to other sites.

I originally set everything up according to the operating system guide. Things
worked fairly well. But as I have learned more I have done things like tweek
the gettydefs entries to get more reliable connections, etc.

--
[ My thought is in control of my experience and I can direct my thinking. ]