ESIX sockets again

Peter Wemm peter at cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Apr 12 01:08:06 AEST 1991

Well, I dont see all that much wrong with the ESIX implementation, just
remember that the very first implementation for BSD before the sockets
code was moved to the kernel was probably done with send() and recv()
too.. (sockets were probably a link library..)
A quick #define macro for the socket read/write and a selective search/replace
is just about all that is required.

The BSD fastfilesystem was also written and debugged as a user process too.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about...
--
Peter Wemm