X386 and ATI

Chin Fang fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU
Fri Apr 12 06:39:27 AEST 1991

In article <3297 at beguine.UUCP> Brian.Chan at bbs.acs.unc.edu (Brian Chan) writes:

>I know the  the Boca SVGA card with Thomas's server? Any problems?
>How about sending me the configuration file?

Boca Research's SVGA is inexpansive.  But when I ran clock.exe to test it's
driving frequency distribution, I never could get any number higher than
48Mhz.

If clock.exe is correct, then I WON'T buy Boca card just because it's
inexpansive.  For high resolution, you definitely need 62Mhz, 65Mhz, and
in the case of Everex VRAM ViewPoint ET4000 SVGA, higher than 70Mhz.
(but you pay $$$$ for it)

Too bad I didn't have my unix box handy when I was testing this Boca card,
so I won't claim absolute sureness.

Regards,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department