sco odt install

Robert L. Holder @lone holder at telesoft.com
Tue Apr 30 07:09:01 AEST 1991

I am trying to install SCO OpenDesktop 1.0 and have two questions
perhaps some can answer.

1. Trying to intall the ODT TCP-RT package generates a tar
   extract failure on 4 files from floppy 12. If I let it
   continue it moves on to floppy 13. Floppy 13 completes
   and it asks for the UB1 disk. Upon inserting this
   in the drive and pressing return the system
   responds "incorrect volume in drive". All stops
   at this point. Is the tar failure on disk 12
   causing this problem? Selection of individual
   files and services from custom yields similar results to
   a full installation of the package.

2. I have installed the ODT development system 1.0.1
   TCP package. However the library /usr/lib/libsocket.a
   is not useable. "nm" cannot read its symbol table
   and "file" reports it a "data file". I know the
   file is good since I have tried two different sets of installation
   disks. This seems like a perms problem.

Thanks for any advice.