What is it? (was Re: Current Run-Level: How can you tell?)

Dave Eisen dkeisen at leland.Stanford.EDU
Sat Apr 27 02:36:16 AEST 1991

In article <prl.672602340 at iis> prl at iis.ethz.ch (Peter Lamb) writes:
>If I move into pedantic mode, Sun (and other BSD-ish) Unices do have a run
>level, and the two run levels are single-user and multiuser mode.
>
>And there is not an easy way to discover which mode you are in.

I don't know about BSD, but on our Xenix box "who am i" is an easy
way to see whether the system is single-user.

--
Dave Eisen                           dkeisen at leland.Stanford.EDU
1101 San Antonio Raod, Suite 102     (Gang-of-Four is being taken off the net)