What is it? (was Re: Current Run-Level: How can you tell?)

Michael Stefanik mike at bria.UUCP
Sun Apr 28 07:51:38 AEST 1991

In an article, dkeisen at leland.Stanford.EDU (Dave Eisen) writes:
>I don't know about BSD, but on our Xenix box "who am i" is an easy
>way to see whether the system is single-user.

The drag about XENIX is that there is the capability for who -r and
other such command to work correctly.  Too bad that the init under XENIX
is too brain dead to add those entries to /etc/utmp when it fires up.
Of course, an init that truly knows nothing about /etc/inittab should
be pitched out the door anyway ...

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike