compiling X386 in ESIX 5.3.2D

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Thu Apr 25 04:11:04 AEST 1991

roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de (Thomas Roell) writes:

>>I am building this with gcc 1.39 with coff patches applied that I
>>obtained from suphys.

>The bug is that GCC 1.39 as you configured uses GAS. Thus X386 won't compile
>properly. Use GCC 1.39 and the plain as.

Some time ago, a i386 binary version of a coff-patched gcc/gas combo
was announced in comp.archives.
It is claimed this version would be able to compile X386.
Can anyone acknowledge this before I have it ftp'ed to me?

Here's a part of the article.

>Komplettes i386 gnu Compiler und Debugger Paket kann per anonymous ftp
>abgeholt werden von
>ftp.regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
>Files:
>pub/gnu/gnu-i386/README
>pub/gnu/gnu-i386/gnu-18.4.91.Z

>Hier das README:
>This is a complete binary package of gnu tools for the i386.
>The tools are based on the dbx-in-coff patches by Michael Bloom.
>With dbx-in-coff you gain the following:
>- no need for library conversions and duplicate libraries.
>- support of shared libraries.
>- no more problems with forward references in debugging output.
>- excellent g++ debugging including name demangling.

>The package should run as is under Interactive and SCO Unix.

[...]

Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70           phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands      fax    : +31 70 3512837