Emacs 18.57, ISC 2.2.1, Protocol rev, TERM variable (SUMMARY)

wilson w ma b2676870 at rick.cs.ubc.ca
Wed Apr 10 07:40:07 AEST 1991

I encountered a very similar problem with that particular message but I
noticed something else when I put in a #define HAVE_SELECT.  At that point,
Emacs had no problems coming up but none of the shells would work properly.
If I ran the TeX-shell, it would run TeX but the shell did not terminate TeX
completely and I would have to kill the shell before running TeX again.  I
think I have resolved the problem, but I would like to know if you have
encountered any similar problems, what you did to resolve them and why those
problems occurred (I personally fiddled around with the PTY stuff).  I have
not had the time to research the source enough to formulate the proper reasons
why it works now.  Perhaps you have been enlightened more than I have ;)

Wilson