How do I disable flow control for an rlogin session?

Rick Farris rfarris at rfengr.com
Mon Apr 8 16:20:02 AEST 1991

Having just installed tcp/ip between my SCO Unix 3.2v2.0
system and my SCO Open Desktop 1.1 system, I'm learning a
lot about network operation.

One think I haven't learned, though, is how to turn off
flow-control for an rlogin session.  In particular, I'd like
to be able to use ^S and ^Q in emacs, as God intended.

I've tried various combinations of "stty -ixon" on each end
of the connection, to no avail.

If I telnet across flow control is disabled, but when I
rlogin, I just can't shake it.

Any ideas?