out of swap space??

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun Apr 28 01:54:28 AEST 1991

aed at netcom.COM (Andrew Davidson) writes:

>One of the minor problems with ODT1.0 is that the xterm can not be a
>console. For example on a sun running the mit X distribution xterm -C
>?? sets the xterm to be the console. becuase I do not have a console
>all errors are redirected to /dev/null. I will try sending them to a
>log file instead

Now I may be showing my ignorance wrt SCO, but most 386 unix X products
start up the X display on a VT (i.e. not the console).  Switching the
VT to the console will enable you to see if any messages appeared there.

Of course, while you are looking at the console you can't see/access you
X application, but at least it provides a mechanism that allows you
to access the console.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170