The swich with dailight savings time

Othmar Klaassen klaassen at fifi.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Apr 11 03:11:17 AEST 1991

> I think so. We run SCO 3.2.2 too :-( and our times are completely wrong:

> - it is 14:15 MET DST at the moment
> - 'date' says it is 13:15 MET
> - localtime(3) says it is 18:15 MET
> - our TZ is 'MET-1MET DST,M3.5.0,M9.5.0'

Just a few hours ago we had the same trouble ...

> What is going on here??

I can't tell exactly, but for us

TZ == 'MET-1MST-2,M3.5.0,M9.5.0'

works far better, it seems as if not giving the number for
the daylight saving time (absolute from GMT!) doesn't give
you a default of 1 hour (relative) but the default where SCO
was written :-(

either you try /etc/tz (but watch the result!) or you edit
/etc/TIMEZONE (and reboot in either case).

as for the man pages (timezone, ctime): specs? what specs...

hope it helps,

   Othmar