The swich with dailight savings time

Ben Knox tdc0010 at dircon.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 22:22:30 AEST 1991

rvdp at cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol) writes:

>I think so. We run SCO 3.2.2 too :-( and our times are completely wrong:

>- it is 14:15 MET DST at the moment
>- 'date' says it is 13:15 MET
>- localtime(3) says it is 18:15 MET
>- our TZ is 'MET-1MET DST,M3.5.0,M9.5.0'

>What is going on here??

I've noticed this at a couple of sites...it appears that SCO's
timezone setting program doesn't work properly. It doesn't produce
a TZ string in the correct format. It puts a comma instead of
a semi-colon. EG, your TZ string should be:
        TZ='MET-1MET DST;M3.5.0,M9.5.0'
(based on the string you gave originally).

If you manually change this in the /etc/TZ file, all should
work properly.

Regards, Ben