fas 2.08 problems

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.uucp
Sat Apr 27 07:52:11 AEST 1991

In article <JX0P3KO at geminix.in-berlin.de> gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:
>bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>
>>After installing fas2.08 on Esix, I have had the following problems:
>>
>>1.  When a calling party logs out, carrier doesn't drop;  instead, a new
>>login prompt comes up.  I found that -hupcl is set, instead of hupcl.
>>Manually setting it causes carrier to drop (properly) at logout.  Why
>>did this change with the fas installation (I was using asy before), and
>>how should I fix it?
>
>The fasopen() function calls the generic kernel function ttinit() on
>first open of the port. This function is responsible for setting
>up the flags in the tty structure (B300, CS8, CREAD, HUPCL, in this
>case). I just checked it on my system, and it works this way.
>
>So either the ttinit() function in ESIX is broken, and was "fixed"
>by their asy driver, or this asy driver always enabled HUPCL, regardless
>of what state it would be set to by the ioctl() TCSETA* call.
>
>In both cases you need to find a way to enable the HUPCL flag on
>login. Did you check the /etc/gettydefs file? Is the HUPCL flag
>contained in the line you use for that port? If not, add it.

We are using FAS 2.08 (and used 2.07 in the past) and have never had any
problems like this with our two telebits modems. I do have a custom gettydef
entry for 8 bit logins with HUPCL on the line. This driver works very good
for us here and on my machine at home.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705