fas 2.08 problems

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Thu Apr 25 08:12:33 AEST 1991

In article <JX0P3KO at geminix.in-berlin.de> gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:
>bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>
>In both cases you need to find a way to enable the HUPCL flag on
>login. Did you check the /etc/gettydefs file? Is the HUPCL flag
>contained in the line you use for that port? If not, add it.

This is the gettydefs entry (2400 used as sample)

2400H# B2400 # B2400 CS8 CSTOPB HUCPL BRKINT ICRNL ISIG ICANON ECHO ECHOK OPOST ONLCR #((2400)To use Bulletin Board type "bbs")\r\nlogin: #1200H

>I'm not sure, but I heard of uucicos that don't like long login banners
>and give up if there is no Shere=<sitename> message contained in a certain
>number of characters. That would also explain why this only happens
>with one of the UUCP sites. The other two may have shorter banners. Short
>from replacing uucico, I don't know how to fix this.

I got it to work by fiddling with the login script.  It was interesting
thta it was only this one site, and only after installing FAS that I had
this problem!  Actually, when I had previously tried to use flow control
the same thing had happened.  Very strange.

Now to get the transfer rates up to normal again.

Bill

--
bill at unixland.uucp                 The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
...!uunet!think!unixland!bill