ESIX (and other) SVR4

john gay jgay at digi.lonestar.org
Fri Apr 19 08:36:03 AEST 1991

>From article <1991Apr17.214234.27954 at ico.isc.com>, by rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn):
> allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR/AA) writes:
>
>> SCO apparently doesn't want SVR4.  I suspect they're going to be in for a
>> rather rude awakening....
>
> You might want to re-think that in context of the ACE "alliance".  One can
> argue whether it's good, or wise, or whether it will succeed, but they seem
> to have something in mind.  (I.e., they didn't just blow off V.4 with no
> other plan in mind.)

With microsh*t writing the "portable" operating system it should be bootable
by 2000 or so...

Let's see, ACE is supposed to have a "full" system sometime in '92.
Can use either intel or mips chips...
Can use either EISA or Turbo (DEC) bus...
Can use either NT OS/3 (third of an operating system) or SCO Unix...

yeah, it looks like ACE is certainly consolidating all the platforms down
to a usable standard.

Looks like in this case ACE has a value of 1 - low card out....

john gay.