ESIX (and other) SVR4

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Apr 19 06:02:25 AEST 1991

bill at alembic.acs.com (Bill Hatch) writes:

>We have been using Intel V.4 on a HP Vectra RS/C 20 Mhz for about 2 months.
>The principal use is as an integrated ANSI C software development system
>with multiple character terminals.  The hw configuration is:

>For our intended purposes with 1 or 2 users this system has worked fine,
>especially considering that Intel is about $1000 cheaper than the competition.

Did you check into Dell SysVR4?  Dell is 1295 for unlimited users -
and they support the product quite well.  We received email from dell
on Tuesday announcing a problem in the AT&T distributed rel 2.0 source
code and wanted our address to send a fix - the fix arrived  this morning
(Thursday).   Talk about service - heck - I know of others still waiting
on their security fix from ISC..

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator