Network Time Server

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Fri Apr 12 05:43:57 AEST 1991

I recently brought up timed on a couple of SCO Unix systems and an RS-6000,
hoping to have a reliable, synchronized time source on my TCP/IP LAN.
Instead, I have a bunch of synchronized systems which lose about a
minute per day.  The SCO documentation doesn't say anything about how
one sets up a reference time source; timed only serves the purpose of
synchronization, and there's no way of telling it which system is "the"
reference source.

How do I solve this problem?  I'm working for a company whose business
is selling clocks, so needless to say, inaccurate clocks are particularly
annoying to me ;=)

-rich