SCO printer-devices

Ronald van der Pol rvdp at cs.vu.nl
Tue Apr 9 10:11:12 AEST 1991

iheitla at cs.vu.nl (Ilja Heitlager) writes:

>Is there anybody who can tell me, how I can get my /dev/lp* back.

Just create a new special file. The major device number of the printer
driver is 6. The minor device number for lp0, lp1 and lp2 are 0, 1 and
2 resp. If you don't have write permission to these files you get the
'cannot create' error.

BTW Did your system switch to DST correctly? Our system still doesn't
understand DST started. The TZ is 'MET-1MET_DST,M3.5.0,M9.5.0'. 'date'
still thinks the timezone is 'MET'. This is with SCO 3.2.2.

--
	Ronald van der Pol    <rvdp at cs.vu.nl>