SCO printer-devices

Ilja Heitlager iheitla at cs.vu.nl
Tue Apr 9 00:03:31 AEST 1991

Is there anybody who can tell me, how I can get my /dev/lp* back.

I got a PS/2-m70 running SCO-ODT and recently I wanted to install a printer
to my system(first time) so, as in the manual, I typed:
	date > /dev/lp0
but I discovered that at my system it wasen't attached to lp0 but to lp1
so 'date > /dev/lp1' worked.
(sigh very nice the actual date on paper, hmmm).
I saw that both /dev/lp and /dev/lp0 had 2 link's so I linked lp to lp1
but only now lp lp0 lp1 had 3 links and sending to lp1 gave
"/dev/lp1 cannot create", so I removed /dev/lp /dev/lp0 (not for young readers)
and so I spend my days reading actual date on screen, every now and then
(I believe in miracles) I type 'date >/dev/lp1' but then she answers
"/dev/lp1 cannot create".
I think a lot about those rudely destroyed lp and lp0,
how can I get my printer working(at /dev/lp1) so she will write the actual date
for me all day again.

Ilja,

	Ilja Heitlager          |
	Vrije Universiteit      | E-Mail <iheitla at cs.vu.nl>