root and boot floppy on ISC

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Thu Apr 4 06:33:54 AEST 1991

In article <59 at talgras.UUCP> david at talgras.UUCP (David Hoopes) writes:
>     Is it possable to create a bootable root floppy for Interactive Unix? If
> it is possable how do you do it?  I do this for my SCO Unix/Xenix systems and
> I would like to do it for my Interactive system but I havn't been able to
> figure out how.

Of course it's possible.  In fact you do it in much the same way as
you build a boot disk for any UNIX system:

	Format the floppy
	mkfs it
	mount it somewhere
	copy the files you wish to the new floppy
	copy /etc/boot to track 0 (for 386/ix 1.0.6 anyway)
	unmount it
	boot it

An easier way is to duplicate (using dd, or cp) the original boot
floppy and then modify the original filesystem to your satisfaction.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada