Straight through to another port

Dave McLane davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 15 15:30:44 AEST 1991

This may be a FAQ but I don't see how to let *all* the characters
from a dialin tty on ISC V2.2 go straight through to another which
links to my old DOS-based BBS.

If I'm at the console, or on a virtual terminal, I can link to the
port with YAM or Telix (under VP/ix) and do both ASCII and
X/Y/Z-Modem transfers. But when I dialin and try the same thing the
ASCII goes OK, but not the X/Y/Z-Modem.

I can run RZ/SZ from the dialin tty, but not link to another port
and then do the X/Y/Z-Modem. I'm guessing that this is because some
of the characters are being used for control (beginning with
XON/XOFF and going from there).

Thus I would need something that links 100% of the characters on
the dialin port to 100% of the characters on the other port and
then let the BBS handle the rest....

Any suggestions, hints, pointers would be appreciated....

--Dave McLane <davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp> JUNET
              <dgm at nova.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp> DINTERNET
              <dgm at nova.kuis.jpnkyoto.kyoto-u.ac.jp> BITNET
              <dgm%nova.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp at uunet.uu.net> via UUNET

Minami Hirao 1-6, Imazato                 The content and process of
Nagaokakyo-shi, Kyoto-fu, 617 Japan           international/cultural
Tel: +81-75-951-1168 Fax: +81-75-957-1087             communication.