ISC linker reports permissions error (help)

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Apr 30 21:42:32 AEST 1991

dvb at emisle.emisle (David Van Beveren) writes:

>Error code 13 means Permission Denied. I assume the symbol table has gotten

Error code 13 doesn't mean this.  However, you can only believe errno when
you have the source and see that the errno is being correctly reported.
The correct errno for attempting to write a file beyond the ulimit is EFBIG
or 27.

>too big, like beyond the User-filesize limit. How do I change this limit to
>accomodate me? I tried compiling as root, and got the same result. What is
>the solution?

Quick solution: login as root, ulimit 99999, and then compile

Correct solution:  Read the FAQ for this group (question 12)

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170