ISC linker reports permissions error (help)

David Van Beveren dvb at emisle.emisle
Thu Apr 25 08:06:16 AEST 1991

I am trying to compile and link a test application, which is used to test a set
of libraries being developed. The compile line is as follows:

        cc -g -I. -I/usr/users/nova/include -I/usr/include/X11 -I/usr/include/Xm
 -D_NO_PROTO   -L/usr/users/nova/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -o tst  ts
t.o  -lScall -lScObj -lScDb -ladt -lbstr -lMem -lScall -lXm -lXt -lX11 -linet

Partway into the link, I am receiving the following error:

ld fatal: fail to write symbol name background_pixmap in string table for file t
st
*** Error code 13

Error code 13 means Permission Denied. I assume the symbol table has gotten
too big, like beyond the User-filesize limit. How do I change this limit to
accomodate me? I tried compiling as root, and got the same result. What is
the solution?

System is ISC 2.0.2, dev system is ISC 2.0.

P.S. The file system being used has ~5MB free.

--
David Van Beveren                           INTERNET: emisle!dvb at ism.isc.com
EIS ltd. Professional Software Services     UUCP:   ..uunet!emisle!dvb