ESIX (and other) SVR4

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri Apr 19 05:58:32 AEST 1991

rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:

>You might want to re-think that in context of the ACE "alliance".  One can
>argue whether it's good, or wise, or whether it will succeed, but they seem
>to have something in mind.  (I.e., they didn't just blow off V.4 with no
>other plan in mind.)

I was told that they (SCO) are the standard and that they (again SCO)
will decide what will be the operating system of choice in the future.

They (SCO) feel that SVR4 is to buggy at present - and they have no
interest in it.

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator