fas 2.08 problems

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Tue Apr 23 09:37:36 AEST 1991

After installing fas2.08 on Esix, I have had the following problems:

1.  When a calling party logs out, carrier doesn't drop;  instead, a new
login prompt comes up.  I found that -hupcl is set, instead of hupcl.
Manually setting it causes carrier to drop (properly) at logout.  Why
did this change with the fas installation (I was using asy before), and
how should I fix it?

2.  I can still connect with two of my uucp sites -- but one doesn't let
me login any more.  I get a login prompt, send my username, then get
the login banner again, followed by "enough already."  It seem slike
maybe a flow control problem?  why does it work with the other sites?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

p.s.  The modems are Practical Periphs 2400, USR HST (OLD), and Telebit
Trailblazer.  The uucp dialing is done with the Telebit.

--
bill at unixland.uucp                 The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
...!uunet!think!unixland!bill