Keypad defs' for EMACS under AT386 terminal type..????

Dave Hayes dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 30 06:40:40 AEST 1991

geoff at vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:

>Hello,

>	Is there anyone out there that has a set of keypad/function key
>definitions for gnuEMACS that will take advantage of the AT386 terminal type
>and allow you to among other things use the arrow keys on the keyboard??

I have one HOWEVER I am reluctant to release it for general use until I
find out exactly how to stop an ESC from being eaten by a search command.

The problem is, let's say you do a search...and then failing to find
anything you want to use the cursor keys. The darn thing eats the ESC
character (I think it wants to use that character to signify end of
searching) and then the rest of the keycode shows gleefully up in
your edited file.

So (noting the Followup-To line) if anyone has any authoritative or
informative ideas on how to fix this (or if it is even fixable) then
I'll post or mail or whatever is appropriate my AT386.el file.
--
Dave Hayes - Network & Communications Engineering - JPL / NASA - Pasadena CA
dave at elxr.jpl.nasa.gov       dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov           ames!elroy!dxh

A person was frighteningly ugly. Once he was asked how could he go on
living with such a terrible face. "Why should I be unhappy?", answered
the man. "I never see my own face; let others worry."