malloc() problems

Charlie Root root at dialogic.com
Sat Apr 6 07:18:27 AEST 1991

I have run into a problem when using malloc(3C) under Interactive
386/ix 2.2 and Esix.  In one of our library functions we are using
malloc to allocate a structure.  Occasionally we are getting a core
dump from the malloc.  Now, I am assuming that somewhere we have a
rampaging pointer that has trashed the malloc buffer pointers.
However, I have no way of tracing the malloc calls (other than using
sdb on the core dump).  Does anyone know of a package that will allow
me to trace what malloc is doing?  I have gotten a copy of
malloc-trace off of uunet, but that was written for a Sun, and I
haven't tried using it yet.

--
Dan Rich                    | drich at dialogic.com  || ...!uunet!dialogic!drich
UNIX Systems Administrator  | "Danger, you haven't seen the last of me!"