Can somone help me put Emacs on an ESIX system?

Ernest Adams ewadams at netcom.COM
Wed Apr 10 16:29:27 AEST 1991

Pardon the stupid question everyone -- new sysadmin here...

I just bought ESIX (SVR3.2D) and have been installing it on my
'386 20MHz clone.  Not too many problems so far, but now I'm
trying to install Emacs (18.55 -- only source I could get my
hands on quickly).  Had a bit of trouble loading temacs, but
I found the libraries it wanted and it seems to have loaded OK

                              BUT

now it's at the stage where it tries

.\temacs -batch -l inc-vers

I have no idea *whatsoever* what this is trying to do, but it
gives me

temacs: Bus Error: core dumped

Again, excuse the UNIX ignorance (and because I don't have any
FM, I can't RTFM) -- what does this mean?  What's it trying to
do in the first place? And does anyone know how I go about fixing
it?

I have 8 meg of memory and am running all the standard daemons
including TCP/IP stuff... if I'm running out of memory I don't
know how to correct it. Can someone who has Emacs up on their
ESIX help me?

Reply to ewadams at netcom.com if you want to save bandwidth.

--Ernest