Formatting manual pages

Ronald van der Pol rvdp at cs.vu.nl
Tue Apr 9 03:26:43 AEST 1991

moore at forty2.enet.dec.com (Paul Moore) writes:

>I've recently installed some software on my system, and the manual pages appear
>to be in a format that required processing by a text formatter (I assume nroff)
>with commands like
>  .pp
>  .ps
>  etc

>As I don't have any formatting tools available , do I have to live with this
>unformatted style of manual entries?

You need some sort of nroff. There are a couple of ways to get it:
- you can buy it from your Unix supplier
- you may have a look at the GNU groff packet. You need a C++ compiler
  to compile this one.
- try the nroff that comes with MINIX. I think it is public domain
  (it doesn't have an explicit 'no copyright' notice)
--
	Ronald van der Pol    <rvdp at cs.vu.nl>