Console running ISC setcolor goes bizarro after CU disconnect

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Mon Apr 22 11:27:12 AEST 1991

	Running ISC 2.2. Console virtual terminals typically run
"setcolor -f hi_white,blue". Every so often, after disconnecting from a
cu session, the console becomes unreadable with graphic characters taking
the place of the former ascii. If I type "setcolor", color rows one and
three appear OK, two and four are illegible. At that point, I can run
"setcolor -f white,blue", and continue working, but attempts to run the
colors on lines two and four still don't work. Some time later, those
other colors *can* be invoked. Is this a known bug?

	Just so no one thinks only ISC's setcolor has problems, while
posting this note from an ISC console to a remote ODT 1.0 box, I ran
setcolor from within a vi screen, and my colors were reset to white-on-
black. Curiouser and curiouser...