Upgrades from anybody's UNIX 3.2 to ESIX 4.0 available

James Deibele jamesd at techbook.com
Sun Apr 28 03:37:41 AEST 1991

In article <28121B9C.32A3 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>It's an addition, not a change. Like the situation with ESIX 3.2,
>you *cannot* upgrade within ESIX 4.0 from, say, two-user to unlimited,
>or to add the development system at a later date. This policy has not
>charged.

You're correct in saying that you can't go from the two-user to unlimited for
Release 3.2 or 4.0.  I think this is silly, but that's what ESIX says.  (I
dislike it because many of the people buying ESIX are buying it for at-home
use.  I don't think they should be penalized for buying cheap now, and then
wanting to upgrade later if they find they want to handle newsfeeds for their
neighbors or give the kids a terminal in their rooms.)

However, as for the inability to add the development system, you're definitely
correct that it was true of R3.2 of ESIX.  On the price list for R4, though:

Other			 List