SCO development on V.4

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Apr 9 13:43:09 AEST 1991

  I am running Xenix, OpenDeskTop, and Dell V.4 on various machines, and
would like the best of all possible worlds. Has someone actually tried
installing the SCO development set on V.4? I seem to have read some
speculation about doing it, and doing the V.3 development install first
(not easy since the V.4 is already in) or some other useful voodoo.

  If someone else has done this I would like to know how.

  And for others using both systems, note that you can do "mapstr -d" on
xenix, and then "mapstr" on V.4, and get all the SCOish keystrokes from
V.4, if you have software which wants that. And I sure did! Thanks to
the people who mentioned that in another context a few months ago, I
just tried it.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX