Upgrades from anybody's UNIX 3.2 to ESIX 4.0 available

Dave McCracken dcm at baldur.dell.com
Wed Apr 24 01:00:15 AEST 1991

kayvan at satyr.UUCP (Kayvan Sylvan) writes:

>In article <28121B9C.32A3 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

>   It's an addition, not a change. Like the situation with ESIX 3.2,
>   you *cannot* upgrade within ESIX 4.0 from, say, two-user to unlimited,
>   or to add the development system at a later date. This policy has not
>   charged.

>Does anyone know what the real difference is between the 2-user and
>unlimited versions?

Yes.  There is a price difference in the royalty the sellers of the
binary license have to pay AT&T.  There is a real restriction on how
many logins you can run on the machine.

Dell does sell unlimited-user upgrades for its 2-user SVR4.  They are
$299.00, the difference between our $995 2-user price and our
$1295 unlimited-user price.
--
Dave McCracken      dcm at dell.dell.com      (512) 343-3720
Dell Computer       9505 Arboretum Blvd    Austin, TX 78759-7299